Discord is a popular application that allows gamers to communicate, organise events and manage their games. Some users have reported in recent times they are experiencing crashes when trying to open the app on Windows PC’s. Here, we explore some of the causes as well as solutions you can use to troubleshoot this problem.
“Discord keeps crashing” is a common problem that many users face. This article will provide you with some troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. Read more in detail here: discord keeps crashing pc.
Update: Use our optimization tool to stop receiving error messages and slowing down your machine. Click here to get it right now.
Millions of users use Discord to conduct audio and video chats, send text messages, and exchange media files, but the site sometimes has issues. Crashing is unavoidable due to excessive demand and data volume. So, why does Discord crash when it first starts up, and what can be done about it?
In this post, we’ll show you how to fix your computer’s ‘Discord constantly crashes’ issue.
What causes ‘Discord crashes all the time’?
- Corrupted files: A corrupted file may have made its way into the local memory or cache. This might result in both crashes and slowness. But don’t fret; we’ve outlined how to remedy this issue below.
- Many users have reported that the program fails after upgrading to the current version. You do not need to be concerned in this scenario. This is just a software problem that will most likely be resolved shortly.
- Memory issues: If your mobile device keeps crashing, examine its memory capacity. Some Discord features may need the use of more RAM. Other programs or background processes might also be to blame.
- It’s possible that you’re running an old or wrong device driver. This issue is generally resolved by updating the drivers.
How can I fix the “Discord keeps crashing” issue?
Update for November 2021:
You may now use this program to avoid PC issues such as file loss and infection by utilizing it. It’s also a terrific method to get the most out of your computer’s performance. The software easily repairs common Windows system faults – no need to spend hours debugging when you have the correct answer right at your fingertips:
- Step 1: Get the PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Microsoft Gold Certified for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and Vista).
- Step 2: Select “Start Scan” to look for Windows registry issues that might be causing your computer to malfunction.
- Step 3: To address all faults, click “Repair All.”
Install Discord again.
- To launch the Run dialog box, press Windows + R.
- To open the Programs and Features box, type appwiz.CPL and click OK.
- To remove Discord, select it and then click Uninstall.
- Type percent AppData percent in the Run dialog box and hit Enter.
- To remove any related files from your computer, right-click on the Discord folder and choose Uninstall.
- Download the current version of Discord from the official website and install it according to the instructions above.
Compatibility mode should be turned off.
- Completely close the Discord client.
- Select Properties from the right-click menu on the Discord desktop icon.
- Disable the Run this software in compatibility mode option on the Compatibility tab.
- To save your changes, click Apply and OK.
- Restart Discord if it hasn’t done so already.
Hardware acceleration is disabled.
- Go to Settings in the Discord app.
- In the left pane, click Appearance.
- Disable the button next to Hardware Acceleration under ADVANCED in the right pane.
Cleaning the cache on Discord
- Close Discord and open File Explorer by pressing Windows + E.
- Press Enter after copying and pasting percent AppData percent Ndiscord into the URL bar.
- Delete the Cache and Local Memory folders from the Discord folder.
- Exit File Explorer and launch Discord again.
RECOMMENDED: To resolve Windows issues and improve system performance, go here.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
Files, photos, and other data are kept on your device when you use Discord for a long. A cache is used to store these temporary files. It’s also possible that the cache contains corrupted files, causing the program to crash. This problem can easily be solved by deleting these files.
If the issue is caused by corrupted files or cache, deleting the contents of AppData fixes the problem. Don’t worry, however; erased files don’t create any issues. When you restart Discord, those files will be immediately recreated.
- In Windows 10, open the task manager. To rapidly open it, hit Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Select the Discord app from the Processes tab and click it.
- Discord may then be restarted to verify whether it opens and functions correctly.
Watch This Video-
The “discord crashing computer 2020” is a problem that has been present for a while. The issue can be fixed by doing the following steps: 1) Open Discord. 2) Click on Settings and then click on Account. 3) Under the General tab, uncheck “Enable Voice Activity”. 4) Close out of the settings window and try playing again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does Discord keep crashing my PC?
A: Discord is a service that was designed for PC and console users to chat. The other half of the fun, however, comes from customizing your persona with emoji stickers. This unfortunately causes issues on machines where Discord does not run well as it can result in very large files which cause crashing due to lack of memory or disk space.
Why is Discord crashing when I type?
A: Discord is a voice over IP application, and in order to use your microphone while on the app you will need to sign into it. If this doesnt work for you please try disabling any third-party applications that allows others access to your mic input.
How do I fix Discord randomly restarting?
A: The best way to fix this issue is by following the steps below:
1. Close out of Discord completely and then start it up again
2. It may take a while for you to be able to enter into your account after doing so, but once you can, proceed with the next step
- discord keeps crashing on startup
- discord keeps crashing mobile
- discord keeps crashing android
- discord keeps crashing ios
- discord crashing computer 2021