Microsoft Word is one of the most popular word processing programs in the world, but it has been experiencing some problems lately. This article will teach you how to resolve these issues and get your computer back up and running again.
The microsoft word not opening windows 10 is a common issue that many people experience. This article will help you resolve the problem.
Update: Use our optimization tool to stop receiving error messages and slowing down your machine. Click here to get it right now.
As the popularity of Microsoft Office has risen, so has the appeal of its programs, such as Word. However, the greater the number of users, the greater the number of issues. One of the most common issues for many concerned Word users is that “Microsoft Office Word stopped functioning.”
When you get the “Microsoft Word has stopped functioning” issue, you generally have two choices: search for a solution online or quit the program. If you opt to close the program, you may have trouble getting Microsoft Word to launch again.
If you’re having trouble with Microsoft Word not working in Microsoft Office Word 2016, 2013, 2010, or 2007, keep reading and look at the remedies below. Depending on your circumstance, the answer may differ. We hope you find one of them useful.
What is the reason of Microsoft Word’s inability to function?
A Word document may be corrupted for a variety of reasons, preventing it from opening or resulting in this error. A faulty document or the template on which the document is based may cause this behavior.
This issue is most likely caused by using an older version of Microsoft Word on a modern operating system. This is because software upgrades address newly found security flaws, defects, and provide support for new devices and drivers.
Compatibility: If your version of MS Office is incompatible with your PC’s current operating system, you may encounter this issue. One of the two parties involved, namely the operating system and Microsoft Word, may create the incompatibility. Certain individuals believe this is due to the fact that some programs were designed for earlier versions of Windows and are incompatible with current ones.
The issue with Word add-ons is that Word, like many other office programs, supports add-ons that expand Word’s capabilities. These tiny programs enable you to enhance Word or other office software with additional functionality. Because not all add-ons are compatible with Windows 10 or your version of Office, there’s a good possibility they’re the source of the problem.
Update device drivers: Device drivers are critical software components that guarantee the correct operation of your computer’s different hardware components. Your computer will operate smoothly after these drivers have been updated. If they are out of date, however, they may create issues like the ones detailed here.
When Microsoft Word stops working, what should I do?
Updated in September 2021:
You may now use this program to avoid PC issues such as file loss and viruses by utilizing it. It’s also a fantastic method to get the most out of your computer’s performance. The application easily resolves common Windows system problems – no need to spend hours debugging when you have the correct answer right at your fingertips:
- Step 1: Get the PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Microsoft Gold Certified for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and Vista).
- Step 2: Select “Start Scan” to look for Windows registry issues that may be causing your computer to malfunction.
- Step 3: To correct all problems, click “Repair All.”
Microsoft Word Office installation should be restored.
- Uninstall an application may be found in the Control Panel.
- Now, in the list of available applications, locate Microsoft Word and right-click it.
- In the following box, click Edit and then Repair.
- We suggest trying Quick Fix first to see if it resolves the issue.
- If it still doesn’t work, repeat the steps above and choose Online Repair.
MS Word should be completely uninstalled and reinstalled.
- Uninstall an application may be found in the Control Panel.
- Locate Microsoft Word in the reopened window and right-click it.
- To finish the procedure, choose Uninstall and follow the on-screen directions.
- Then hit the Windows + R keys at the same time to bring up the Run dialog box.
- In the dialog box text field, type percent appdata percent and click Enter. This will lead you to the Microsoft Word data’s storage place.
- Double-click the Microsoft folder in the reopened window, then remove the Word folder.
- Then hit Windows + R at the same time to reopen the Run dialog box.
- Type percent Programdata percent in the dialog box’s text field and click Enter.
- Remove any leftover Microsoft Word files from your computer by repeating step 6.
- Last but not least, reinstall Word.
Making changes to the register
- By hitting Windows + R at the same time, you may get the Run dialog box.
- In the dialog box text field, type “Regedit” and click Enter. The Windows registry will now be shown.
- Navigate to the following place in the registry editor. Please double-check all of the keys in the Office folder. Word was set to 12.0 in our instance, but your mileage may vary. HKEY CURRENT USER/Software/Microsoft/Office/12.0/Word
- Double-click the Word key to remove the “Data” connection it holds.
- After that, exit the registry editor and reopen Microsoft Word.
RECOMMENDED: To fix Windows problems and improve system performance, go here.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
The following are possible causes for MS Word’s abrupt failure to respond: A viral infestation has caused damage to MS Word files. Extensions or plug-ins from other parties. MS Word fails due to hardware and software issues, such as software conflicts.
Try reinstalling Office or restoring it from a backup. If this doesn’t work, make sure your computer has the most recent device drivers loaded. Disable the application add-ons and COM add-ons one by one if Office runs in safe mode. Restart the program (not in safe mode this time).
- Close the Word program;
- Normal should be uninstalled. BuildingBlocks and DOTM DOTX: When you restart Word, these files will be immediately restored.
- HKEY CURRENT USERSoftwareMicrosoftOffice14.0 should be deleted using Regedit. WordData will be recovered automatically the next time you open Word.
- Select “Open” from the “File” menu (in the current version, click on the “Office” icon and then on “Open”).
- Select the “Open and Repair” option from the drop-down menu next to the “Open” button.
- To recover damaged MS Office files, follow the on-screen instructions.
The microsoft word has stopped working a problem caused the program is a common issue that many users have experienced. The article below will help you resolve this issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix Microsoft Word has stopped working?
Microsoft Word has stopped working is a question that can be answered by using the Microsoft Office Support website.
Why has Microsoft Word stopped working?
Microsoft Word has stopped working because your computer is running out of memory.
What to do if word is not responding in Windows 10?
You can press Ctrl + Alt + Delete to bring up the task manager and kill the process.
- microsoft office not working after windows 10 update 2020
- microsoft not working windows 10
- how do i fix microsoft word not responding?
- microsoft outlook has stopped working windows 10
- microsoft word stopped working on mac