The Cortana voice assistant on Windows 10 is not available for the most recent operating systems. Here’s how to fix it using a newly released feature in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Hyper-V virtualization platform.
The “disable cortana” is a process that can be used to repair Cortana on Windows PC. The process will disable the Cortana app and reset it to its default settings.
In Windows 10, Cortana is your personal assistant, with a variety of handy capabilities that you can access through voice requests or typing in the search box. However, Cortana is not for everyone, and many users prefer to turn it off for a number of reasons.
Whether it’s enabled or not, Cortana shouldn’t use a lot of RAM, whether it’s operating or not. Cortana, on the other hand, has been claimed to utilize a lot of RAM by certain users. Users that activated Cortana reported increased rates, while others were perplexed as to how Cortana could utilize resources if it was off. Users have come up with solutions to this problem, which you should read about below to understand more about the situation.
What’s causing Cortana to run out of memory?
- Because Cortana is already loaded in memory, it displays on the taskbar when you click the search bar, using too much RAM.
- Cortana’s usage consumes more memory, making it harder for users to determine whether or not to utilize it.
What can I do to reduce Cortana’s memory usage?
Remove the SearchUI.exe file from your computer.
- To access the Run tool, use the Windows + R keys together.
- To launch the Settings window, type ms-settings: and click OK.
- Click the Cortana section in the Options window to see the Cortana-related settings.
- Make sure these two settings are turned off: When I hit the Windows Logo + C key, Cortana should answer to “Hey Cortana” and listen to my orders.
- Click on This PC after opening any folder on your computer.
- Locate the file SearchUI.exe in the C:WindowsSystemAppsMicrosoft.Windows.Cortana cw5n1h2txyewy folder on your computer.
- Select the file using the right-click menu, then Properties, then Security.
- Toggle the Advanced option on. To change the owner of the key, click Edit. The window Select User or Group displays.
- Enter your user account under Enter the name of the selecting item, and then click OK.
- Create an account for everyone. First, click Add, then Select Primary. Click OK after entering your user account.
- Check the Full Control option under Basic Permissions and hit OK.
- After you’ve completed the steps above, keep this window open since you’ll need it to delete the file.
- To launch the Task Manager, press Ctrl + Shift + Escape.
- Go to the Details tab and search for SearchUI.exe. End the task by right-clicking on it.
- Return to the Cortana folder after looking through all of the dialog boxes that appear.
- Uninstall the SearchUI.exe file by right-clicking it.
Disabling Cortana with commands
- In the search bar, type Command Prompt.
- To launch the Command Prompt with administrator credentials, right-click it and choose Run as administrator.
- Type the following commands in the Command Prompt window, then hit the Enter key after each one.
- /a /r /d y takeown /f “% WinDir percent SystemAppsMicrosoft.Windows.Cortana cw5n1h2txyewy”
- icacls /inheritance:r /grant:r Administrators: icacls ” percent WinDir percent SystemAppsMicrosoft.Windows.Cortana cw5n1h2txyewy” /inheritance:r /grant:r icacls ” percent WinDir percent SystemAppsMicrosoft.Windows.Cortana cw5n1h2tx /t /c (OI)(CI)F
- /im SearchUI.exe /f taskkill
- /s /q rd “% WinDir% SystemAppsMicrosoft.Windows.Cortana cw5n1h2txyewy” /s /q
- Until the procedure works, wait for the notification “Operation finished successfully” or anything similar. Check to see whether the Cortana memory usage issue still exists.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
The “avctp service” is a tool that allows users to repair Cortana. It can be found in the system tray and will show you how much memory is being used by Microsoft’s personal assistant.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does Cortana use so much CPU?
A: Cortana is a very complex and advanced virtual assistant that uses high amounts of CPU to process all your queries.
How do I fix broken Cortana?
A: To fix broken Cortana, try the following steps.
1) Restart your Xbox One console by pressing and holding the power button for 8 seconds;
2) Wait while your Xbox boots up to complete a factory reset;
3) Sign in with an account that has administrator permissions on it (if you are not signed in as an administrator already);
4) Try connecting through Ethernet again if this does not work for you. If needed, download Microsofts Media Creation Tool from their website and use that instead of Windows Update to update your system. 。
How do I resolve a memory problem in Windows?
A: Sometimes, when people install a new program or driver on Windows 10 and it causes the memory to be too high for their computers operating system. Fortunately, Microsoft includes some tools in the Troubleshooting section of their website that can help with this issue by lowering your PCs memory settings.
- capability access manager service disable
- disable unnecessary services windows 10 script
- disable all services windows 10
- can i disable microsoft windows sms router service
- bing window keeps popping up